Skip to main content
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a Muslim I have noticed how the recent upheaval about the film trailer which aimed to insult our beloved Prophet (pbuh) has taken over the news, Internet, twitter and blogs worldwide. It is difficult to not be offended as comments about the film are dominating every conversation everywhere.
After being bombarded by rhetoric about the disgraceful film I felt compelled to watch it on YouTube. To be honest, the film seemed to be a pathetic attempt to deface the Holy Prophet of Islam (pbuh) and after watching about 30 seconds of it I turned it off.
Understanding that many people over the course of history have tried their very best to deface the Prophet of Islam (pbuh) I wanted to know how I should react to this situation. Looking to the Middle East I saw Muslims who stood up to challenge the production of the video yet they seemed barbaric in the way they expressed their hate.
When I heard that they were killing people because of the film I knew their reaction was completely wrong. So on one side you have the disgraceful production of the film and on the other you have the inhumane acts of the Muslims in the Middle East.
Although I believe that the film is an insensitive and harmful production full of lies, I also believe that the reaction by the Muslims is not in line with the beautiful teachings of Islam.
The Promised Messiah (pbuh) and Founder of the Worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community emphatically declared that an aggressive “jihad by the sword” has no place in Islam. In its place, he taught his followers to wage a bloodless, intellectual “jihad of the pen” to defend Islam.
This is what we follow and this is what separates us from the rest of the Muslim world. Therefore my response to the film will be one of logical arguments and reason not hate and revenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Pakistan اصل اقبال/ پاکستان

Accra, Ghana: State Funeral for Maulana Abdul Wahab Adam

Accra, Ghana: State Funeral for Maulana Abdul Wahab Adam

New Zealand: Ahmadiyya Muslim Youths’ New Year Clean-up Initiative

“This is just a small step towards ensuring that we all take responsibility of keeping our surroundings and country clean and beautiful.” The residents of Auckland were shown the way by a group of Ahmadiyya Muslim Youths for the first day of 2014 by keeping Auckland parks clean and beautiful. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community’s Auxiliary Youth division known as Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya New Zealand organized a New Year’s Day clean-up of four parks in Auckland. The Community took heed of their worldwide Spiritual Leader; Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad’s advice during his recent visit to New Zealand to organize a regular New Year’s clean up initiative in New Zealand. The Community’s National President, Mr. Mohammed Iqbal present with the group said, “This is just a small step towards ensuring that we all take responsibility of keeping our surroundings and country clean and beautiful. The practice we have initiated was also a regular practice of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and...